Saturday, November 21, 2015

It's All About Perspective

 
I have mentioned over and over and over about how I hate snow.  However, it is snowing right now, a rain/snow mix actually, and I am happy.  The past eight years I have been extremely unhappy with one of my life situations but since correcting that problem, I still have my kids and husband if you were wondering, I am looking forward to Christmas and even to snow.  I am seeing the beautiful in the everyday again.
 
Lucy was so excited to see the snow.  Our preschoolers at work spent yesterday excited about the prospect of a weekend snow.  The excitement has been contagious.  Now mind you, I still really dislike being cold and I HATE driving on ice.  But I also HATE driving in fog but  I don't hate the other seasons because of it. 
 
I am working on my issues right now. I have joined an amazing group of women and we are doing life together .  We are dealing with all our inner yuck and the reasons why we have it.  We are diving in, stirring it up, dissecting it, and dealing with it.  Yep, 40 plus years of stuff in the vault. Believe it our not, my burden is lightening.
 
What are you holding on to my friends? Let it go.  Don't just bury it, it will always float back up. God is with us, he knows our story, Jesus is our savior, and people are his hands and feet.  Find a trusted group and work through it.  Do life with other people, don't just exist....LIVE.
 


2 comments:

  1. I live in Ga. and I LOVE snow. We get a dusting (one-two inches each winter) but when like last winter we get more 7-9 inches, I am in 'heaven'.
    Btw, I came to your site by the way of the ChooseJoybook launch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)