Thursday, March 19, 2015

Unleash the Power to Be Yourself


Free to be me !!!! Wow, if it only felt that easy.  I am a hot mess people.  I struggle with body image, fashion image, being good enough, being nice enough, being helpful enough, and on and on and on....

God says I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  He knit me in my mother's womb.  He is honored by letting his light shine through me.  He knows I am beautiful and lovely and  a sinner.

Yep, I am a sinner.  I mess up a lot!  I do not end my day feeling like it was the bomb, but I do end my day praying to God to forgive my sins and to help me do better the next day.  I do this every single night....  and he forgives me.....every single night.  

I am so thankful for God who loves me like that.  Who besides God could?  I know my family loves me but they are human.  Wiping the slate clean every single day is not something that comes easily to us.  I wish God had given us the ability to completely erase from our minds when we are hurt or hurt others so that we truly could forgive and FORGET.

Thank you Jesus for leaving your Holy Spirit with us to live in us and help to make our sins fewer than they would be otherwise.  Help me to listen closely and more often to the Holy Spirit so that I make better and wiser decisions.  Help me to understand your words and promises and love me for the Hot Mess that I am.  

I am striving every day to let my uniqueness as a person and my acceptance of that uniqueness shine through.  I want people to know the real me.  Jesus came to set the captives free!  Therefore, I am truly free to be me !

Join Jill Savage from Hearts At Home in the Third Thursday Blog Hop and share how you are Unleashing Your Power To Be Yourself...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)