Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Must Read for All Millenium Moms and Dads



A few times on the blog, I have referenced to that fact I am reviewing a book.  I am pleased to announce that it is being released today, March 5th! Run, don't walk to get this book!




Honestly, whether your children are teenagers or newborns, this book is a must.  What I found out is that even as an adult, my views of how connected I am, want to be, or should be were called into question.  The technology age has taken us by storm, is moving at the speed of light, and is most importantly here to stay.

Our children are the technology natives.  They have never been without it and probably never will be.  So, how as parents are we going to address it?

Dr. Koch gives us practical advice and asks important questions to get us thinking about what are views are, our current practices, how technology fits into our value system,family dynamics, and family goals.  She does not try to convince us that technology is bad, but to make sure we are navigating these waters with our family purposes/values in mind.

As part of my profession, I educate child care providers on the use, abuse, and appropriate ways to incorporate technology and media into their programs.  I feel that this book is an open minded approach to get us thinking as parents what our next steps are and why in this technology age.

Dr. Koch is part of Celebrate Kids, Inc. and will speaking at this year's .Hearts at Home Conference   make sure to check out her site and resources and plug into your family as well as yourself on this very important and ever changing  topic.
  





1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)