Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year








Happy New Year Friends and Family!!  Doug's knee was hurting him last night and my throat is getting sore (great) so we decided for a New Years at home.  We had some pizza rolls and cheeseball about 10 o'clock and some sparkling grape juice at 11 o'clock when we watched the ball drop (everyone was tired, ok!).  It was fun watching the girls play Just Dance 4 and they were all getting along!!!

I found this survey on another blog and decided I wanted to share my answers with you.  If you have never checked out this lady's blog I highly recommend it.


Kelly's Korner asked 5 questions to recap 2012...


1. What are you most thankful for?        God, my family, and my friends.  It may sound generic but without these three things life would not be worth living. God gives me strength and hope, and serving him gives me more in return than any other thing that I do.  My family is amazing and they are the reason I do the day to day things I do.  My friends give me an outlet to let loose and the support I need to get through the hard times.  All are special and the best part is that my family also are my friends which is the best of both worlds.
2. What were the highlights of 2012 for you?       Katie turning 16!  Seeing her excitement over her car and independence was amazing.  She has been so grateful and so helpful with errands and running sisters to and fro that having a third driver has been a blessing.  Casssidy cheerleading.  She is so happy and enthusiastic.  I love seeing passion in my children.  She makes me smile even when she is just talking about it.  Madi has really grown up this past year and is becoming a fun friend to hang with while grocery shopping, etc.  She loves to talk about what she plans to do when she is an adult...it will be here in the blink of an eye I know.  Lucy too is growing up so fast, she reminds me a lot of Katie at that age.  I love that she is so girly.  She talks about wanting most to be a mom, that makes my heart burst!!  We also got a new puppy and she is adorable!! Doug is always a highlight to my life and seeing his excitement about his new seed business has been an answer to our prayers.  2012 brought new friendships and  new connections, and also helped us to remember those close to us and how much they mean. 
3. What are you hoping for in 2013?       Healing.  Life brings us curve balls all the time.  Loss of loved ones leaves huge craters in our lives but healing allows us to climb out and see the good that still remains in our lives.  It is easy to stay at the bottom but the climb out is worth more to ourselves and others.  I also want to minimize my "want list" and focus more on my "already have" list.  Contentment.....

4. What were some of your favorites of 2012? (Clothes, movies, songs, TV shows, )    I still love cardigan sweaters and pretty necklaces, cute flats, and jeans.   I loved the new Twilight movie and am sad they are now over.  I still watch too much Real Housewives of wherever except Atlanta and fell in love with Duck Dynasty.  I read a lot of great books.  I liked The Hunger Game book series and movie. 

5. Who was God to you in 2012?   More real than he has ever been.  I have needed him more just to get through the day than any other time of my life.  I have opened myself up more to his word and asked more for his answers for MY life, rather than trying to do good works and mimic others walk.  God is good all the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)