Sunday, January 20, 2013

Blessed Sunday....







"PRAY FOR EACH OTHER SO THAT YOU MAY BE HEALED. THE EARNEST PRAYER OF A RIGHTEOUS PERSON HAS GREAT POWER AND PRODUCES WONDERFUL RESULTS."
-James 5:16
This week I got to experience something wonderful.  Several of my dear friends from my church and I  met and prayed for one another and others on our hearts.  It was a time where our group connected on an intimate level.  There is something powerful when two or more Christians join hearts and hands and let the Holy Spirit move within them.  I can't say I remember ever feeling this same type of prayer connection before. 

As a society, we need prayer.  We need to feel others are right there with us joining in our joys, sorrows, ailments, and concerns.  Connection is something we are losing.  It is becoming more and more common and even expected to believe everyone has enough of their own problems that the considerate thing to do would be to keep it to ourselves.  This is NOT how God wants us to live.  Jesus expects his body of believers to bear each other's burdens. 

I am blessed to have a wonderful church that expresses this view quite amazingly.  They love me and I love them.  My family is their family and their families are mine.  When one is hurting, we are all hurting.  When one rejoices, we all rejoice.  I tend to hold a lot of feelings and concerns in.  God put me with the right group to bring them out in the open. 

My wish for all of you is to find a group that makes you feel as mine do.  Even if you are not a believer, you need a community to share your walk with.  We are not created to be isolated individuals.  Our children need others in their lives who love them as we do, who can be there when we can't .  Families do not have to have a blood connection, but rather a love connection.  Blessed Sunday......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)