Friday, January 1, 2021

"Resolutions"

 So I am not going to write my resolutions here because I feel resolutions are better kept to oneself.  I don't necessarily wish to have someone else's accountability because if they fall through the cracks then I will feel defeated and that is not something I need to sign up for and also sometimes what I think I want actually changes the more I work on it.  Sometimes it evolves into something a little different and my success is measured differently. 

 I will tell you what areas of my life I try to look at when thinking about my resolutions for the year:

Personal

Career

Financial

Family/Home

I try to have at least 1 if not more for each area.  Some areas have 4-5 but they usually tie together as more of many goals or steps.  I do not have diet goals specifically but I  do always strive to add something health related.  Last year my health goal ended up being following through with a surgery that I have not wanted to have.  It ended up being the best thing for me and my over all health has been much better.  However, the Pandemic really did result in some weight gain for this stressed mama so I do hope some life style changes help improve that over the year.  

My progress will hopefully be recorded through the blog more as life improvements, etc.  I probably will not reference them as resolutions.

I do feel it is important to find a time of year when you reflect on where you are and where you want to be in six months or a year.  This self evaluation keeps us moving forward in life and not just stagnant.  We all have areas that could be improved and those improvements help us to be better people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)