Wednesday, January 13, 2016

What's Up Around Here

 
Listening to.... Nothing.   It is a completely quiet house.  Doug is at Bible study, Lucy is with her cousins at Awana, Cassie is with friends, and Madison has an away game.
 
 
Loving... the chicken and noodles I made for supper and thankful for our local noodle company which makes homemade noodles an easy meal for this mama.
 
Thinking... how much I love blogging and wondering why I have been so lazy about it.  Oh yeah, I get kind of busy with my family's crazy schedule or just with my crazy family :)
.
Wanting... to simplify my life more this year.  Oh yeah, I say that every year.
 
Needing... a massage.  I have had  a gift certificate sitting in my wallet for 8 months waiting.
 
My word for 2016.... Carefree.  Yep, I have decided to become a hippy at 45 :)  OK,  maybe not a hippy.... but a much more easy going person without carrying around so much inner baggage.   That is a tall order and resolution for this anxious chick but I am SERIOUSLY working on it now and have a great bunch of women helping me to be accountable to reach my goal.   Since I quit coloring my hair, I am starting to look a little more granola too :) 
 


1 comment:

  1. Penny it's so good to see you! I understand the busyness with the kiddos and even though I love to blog I find myself sometimes forcing myself to post. Now I only blog certain days.
    Homemade noodles! Oh, yummy! You're such a great mom.
    Great word for the year. I still haven't come up with mine...
    Hope you have a great day and we will see you around more. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)