Thursday, April 16, 2015

Unleash Your Power to Rise Above


I am not sure I like this topic, I am not sure I like having to rise above.  Why? Because I don't like the messy situation you have to be in to make the choice to take the High Road.  Do you?  

Let's face it.  Life is MESSY!  Everyday creates some situation, big or little, in which we have to forgive, forget, overcome, or just muddle through.  We are all in situations that require us to Rise Above.  

Recently I decided to quit my job.  I based this on many factors: what was best for my family, my home, and myself.  I had to pray for God's clarity and guidance.  I also had to have faith that what I heard him telling me was correct.  I searched the scriptures to find God's vision for family, on obedience to him and to my husband, and for peace.  I felt confident when I made my decision to put in my resignation and peaceful since then.

Rising Above requires the same diligence.  Sometimes just praying for the courage to take the high road or the road less traveled is all you have to do but sometimes you also need to search the scriptures to make sure that is the path God is leading you take.  You can not just trust your feelings or "instincts", you must listen to the Holy Spirit.

We all have struggles. We all have troubles.  We all suffer.  We all have the choice to Rise Above.

Join in with Jill Savage of Hearts at Home for the Third Thursday Blog Hop and share your thoughts on the power of Rising Above.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and giving me some feedback and a chance to get to know you as well :)